Saturday, March 17, 2012

More tiny steps

Denise was able to sit in the chair for about an hour or so earlier, despite the objections of her nurse. Doctor's orders trump nurse's objections every time. They even decided to go ahead and let her try to eat this morning despite not having been evaluated by the "swallow" evaluation team. Who knows when they will arrive?

She ate a good bit of a cheese omelet that she absolutely despised only 3 weeks ago. I guess when you are hungry you will eat anything........except oatmeal....she wouldn't touch that!

Doctors came in and they are still working the heart rate issue. I will issue an alert when I know it has moved back to normal. Enjoy March Madness today, and have a green beer for Denise!

March Madness factoid: While Dr. James Naismith invented basketball, he’s the only Kansas Jayhawks basketball coach with a losing record

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they serving ice cream sandwiches? I am sure Gordon can conjure up one.

    ReplyDelete