Monday, October 10, 2011

Bone marrow consultation

Met with Dr. Orloff today and I will try to be as brief and succinct as I can, given the hour long conversation we had. Essentially the Vidaza was ineffective. It kept the leukemia at bay but did not give them the results that they would have liked such as remission and/or pristine marrow. As far as a bone marrow transplant is concerned, he is not sure I am a good candidate. There are many steps going forward to determine whether I am a good candidate or not, one of which obviously is a perfect donor. We will start with my siblings after we get some additional information from my insurance company and the Doctor's office. In the meantime my Dr. and Dr. Orloff will discuss what will be the best "supportive care" for me going forward until a no go/go decision can be made about a transplant. So we are are very much in the investigative mode. I wish I could tell you more, but this is all I know at the moment.

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts as I go through this process. The long term outlook does not sound good to me.

Love to all!
Denise

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the news wasn't what was hoped for. Stay strong. Stay positive. Thank you for a fabulous weekend at SML. I love you.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know you are one tough lady...but we'll keep you in our prayers just to give you some extra help in fighting back!!

    As always, stay strong and stay positive.

    Sam and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete