Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fourth Bone Marrow Biopsy Complete!!!

I had by bone marrow biopsy today and all went well. The only thing different about today was Sam stayed in the room and watched the nurse perform the procedure! I think after watching the gross YouTube video that he found of one, he wanted to see it for his own eyes! He is a trooper! I could not have made it this far without his love and support! I will See my Dr. next Thursday and go over the results. I expect them to be more of the same. My blood results were very normal and exactly what everyone expected. No significant change as I have only been off of the Chemo for a month. I am sure it takes a while to get all of that toxic stuff out of you and for your system to return to normal. It will be a huge waiting game for the next few months. I have a CatScan scheduled for next week to check on the original enlarged spleen and then I meet with my Dr.'s partner in the middle of October to discuss my potential way forward. I will continue to update everyone as I go these appointments. Thanks again for your love and support! Huge hugs and kisses to Sam for the tremendous support he has given to me over the last eight months. He has had to grin and bear a lot while I have felt terrible and slept for hours and hours. Sarah was also huge support system over the summer and I really miss her now that she is back at school and so far away from home.

Love to all,
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is moving along as "normal" as can be expected. Hats off to Sam for watching, the YouTube video was too much for me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete