Friday, July 29, 2011

Blood Test and Visit with the Nurse - July 28th

I had a blood test yesterday and there is not much to report. My white blood cells went up a bit to 11.1, my Hemoglobin dropped a bit to 7.7, and my platelets went up to 56 (which is a good thing as they were treacherously low the last time I had a blood test). The nurse confirmed that these results were normal for where I am in the treatment cycle. I begin my next round (6th) of Chemo on Monday and I am still being told that this will be my last. So after the Chemo next week it will be a "wait and see" exercise. The Dr. will monitor my blood cell activity closely and see how much my cells repair themselves (or not) after coming off of the Chemo. I will have another bone marrow biopsy in September and will also meet with my Dr.'s bone marrow transplant partner. I was told this next treatment will knock me back pretty hard, so I am not looking forward to next week. Sam and I have to take Sarah back to college as soon as I finish my treatments, so I think I will probably take some work time off next week and try to save my energy for the scorching heat in South Carolina and the big move into an apartment for Sarah.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me and let's hope these Chemo treatments will return some good results after I finish this last one.

Lots of love,
Denise

1 comment: