Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14th - Dr.'s Visit

I had a visit with the Dr. today and things are very interesting. My white blood cells are doing great at 8.6 (normal is between 4.6 and 10.2). My Hemoglobin is at 8.68, just a little bit down from a week ago. The kicker is my platelets have dropped to 40 and that is dangerous. The assumption is the Chemo is causing it and I will not see any improvements until I get off of the Chemo. We talk a bit about the future and Dr. Patel said that she doubts seriously if she will have me do any Chemo past my sixth round. She said once I get off of the Chemo we should see some improvements in the reds and then we will watch and see hoe long they can sustain themselves. So, the 1st week of August may be my last Chemo for a while. I will have another bone marrow biopsy in Sept. and she wants me to schedule a meeting with her partner in the practice that does the bone marrow transplants along with her. She claims they have been discussing my case frequently. Sounds like a bunch of shit to me! So, I must be very careful and watch for bleeding and bruises until my platelets come up a bit. I guess Sam will not be able to beat me for a while.

I am skipping my blood test next week and I will return the last week of July in preparation for my next round of Chemo. The last round kicked me in the dirt and I literally slept all last weekend. How boring! I hope the next round is not as bad, as we have to take Sarah to school the day after my last treatment. That ought to be a big treat! South Carolina, here I come feeling lik crap!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Hugs and Kisses to all!

Denise

1 comment:

  1. Time to dig in and be tough...and enjoy that nice new place with the great view!

    ReplyDelete