Saturday, June 4, 2011

Latest Visit with the Doctor - Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sorry I am so late getting this posted, but I have been really busy at work.  I met with the Dr. on this past Thursday and although I have nothing negative to report, I am getting a bit frustrated.  The Dr. was in a hurry as they were obviously behind on appointments and she informed me quickly that my blood results were fine.  The white counts were up a little, the reds were holding their own and the platelets are down a bit.  I am getting impatient for some more positive results.  She reminded me that I will probably not see any substantial progress until the after the next few treatments.  It is just frustrating for me to go and have blood tests week after week and everything generally seems to be the same.  I am really tired of being TIRED.  I was then told to make my next bone marrow biopsy appointment which is also depressing.  I am going to have that procedure again on June 21st, UGH!  Additionally, she is going to set me up with an appointment for the Dr. in the practice that does the bone marrow transplants in conjunction with her.  She said, "Even though we probably aren't going in that direction, I want you to have a consultation with him anyway."  So, as you can tell from the above, I was not very happy when I finished with this appointment.  I start my 4th round of Chemo on Monday.  Keep your fingers crossed that I will begin seeing some positive results after this round and hopefully continuing positive progress from each subsequent treatment.

Love to all!
Denise

3 comments: