I had an appointment this morning with the nurse and to get my blood checked. My White Blood cells went from 18,600 to 9,600 and are now in the normal range. My Red Blood cell count stayed about the same at 2.64 which is still low and my Hemoglobin stayed about the same at 8.25 which is also still low, but not not a bad number to have since normal is between 12 and 15. Hematocrit is 27.8 and the normal range is 37-45. The big problem is my platelets dropped from 77 to 41 which is not good, but I just have to be careful not to cut myself. I guess I can't slit my wrists anytime soon! The nurse said she was happy with these results and this is what they should be seeing immediately after my chemo. So, all in all a good visit and there was no mention of any blood transfusions. As long as they are happy with the results, so am I. We shall see what happens when I return on Monday to have my blood checked again. I will keep you posted.
Lots of love,
Denise
Yea!!! This is good news!!! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete