Thursday, April 21, 2011

Absolutely Fabulous Day!

I had my weekly Dr.'s appointment, actually with a nurse, to have my blood checked and guess what?  My white blood cell count dropped from 20,400 two weeks ago to 9,100 today and I am now in the normal range.  The nurse was ecstatic that I had made this much progress in only 2 chemotherapy sessions.  My red blood cell count went from 2.58 to 2.50, hemoglobin from 7.95 to 7.62 and hematocrit from 26 to 25.2.  Even though all of these dropped just a tiny bit, the nurse said that it is very positive that my red counts are holding their own and it takes a lot longer to get them going in the right direction.  Steady counts at this point and no blood transfusions are all positive.  The other good news is that my platelet count went from 62 to 69 which everyone is also very happy about.  I am absolutely ecstatic with the news today.  I wish I could get the red counts going in the right direction a little faster so I would have more energy and not be so tired, but I was told that I need to be patient.
Thanks for everyone's support and prayers - It is working!

Lots of love to all!
Denise

2 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS! Wish I was there to celebrate with you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Woot! Fantastic update!! We will pray extra hard for your red blood cells to get moving in the right direction.
    Happy day :)

    ReplyDelete