
For those of you that have not been here, this historic place is surrounded by a magnificent wrought iron fence that is over 100 years old.
As I was returning from lunch in the cafeteria, I walked outside and noticed some workmen working on said wrought iron fence. Specifically, a section that was damaged several years ago when a car hit a lamp post and the lamp post fell onto the fence. (There is a lot of activity outside on the grounds of the hospital, as the new surgical and children's wings are slated to open later this month.
Anyway, the workmen were in the process of cutting off the top tips of the damaged portions of the fence, and when I saw one of them just throw the piece of iron into the back of their truck as if it were litter, I asked them if I could have it as a souvenir for the Queen.
So, the photo at the top is the piece rescued, to be reincarnated as a paperweight for her desk, and also a reminder of this wonderful hospital and the kind and caring staff here.
No comments:
Post a Comment